Tuesday, January 29, 2013

tuesday tune and happy fit

Over the last week I have started thinking about getting back in shape and repairing the damage that cute little Westley has done to my body. Pregnancy itself had a few perks (for example my hair was extra thick and shiny, people were (usually) nicer to me, I got to eat a lot of ice cream without a lot of guilt) ...but in the end the baby vacated and left a path of destruction in his wake. Anyone who's been through it before can attest, it's a damn good thing they're cute. First, your body is taken over for 9 months and then they arrive and continue to demand more of you (they are sweet and defenceless babies so we will forgive them). As West is now 6 months I'm beginning to feel like I have the energy and motivation to fight back and take control of my body - make it mine once again.

To do this I have enlisted the help of my friend, personal trainer Lisa from Happy Fit (pic below, how cute and happy and fit is she?). She has promised to kick my post-natal behind into shape over the next 12 weeks, which is great because I need the motivation. Burpees and squats won't get rid of my stretch marks, or help my hair to grow back in (hair loss was an awesome postnatal side effect by the way), but at least I will be fit!


This is what I have been listening to on repeat while I've been workout out - Forever, by Haim - I am loving the 80's vibe (their other songs from the EP are catchy too):



Happy Tuesday, XO

3 comments:

  1. I've trained with Lisa and Happy Fit too, she's awesome! You'll be back in shape in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon - I think you are awesome too. I love your spices :)

      Delete
  2. Kaley, thanks for posting this! You are doing great - you like veggies and don't complain about burpees so you are my ideal client! Keep up the awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete