Sunday, January 6, 2013

let's get this party started...


I suppose you have to start somewhere. It's a little daunting to have an entirely blank page and decide what is worthy of "first post status". 

Let's start with the title, shall we? 

The Sage Life. To be sage is to possess wisdom and experience. I will not pretend to have either. I am neither wise nor very experienced in any area of my life. So why name the blog that? Well to begin with, it is the area we live in (creative, no?). And let's face it, there are apparently 50,000 blogs started every single day, so there aren't too many titles left to work with...and a blog needs a title. Anyways it sounds like something I would like to achieve. Someday. Every new experience, good, bad, beautiful, is helping each of us to live more "sagely" and that is what this blog will be about. Mostly the good and the beautiful, along with the fun, happy, and fabulous! 

To be totally honest I don't have a clear vision for this blog. It's a little cliche, I'm a new mom, suddenly immersed in the new world of parenthood, so there of course will be baby-talk...but as much as I love that gorgeous chubby ball of love, this will not be all about him. I like to write, and I love to share fabulous things with fabulous people. I'm passionate about design/food/music/people/parties and everyday beautiful things. So that's where we will begin. 

Here's to a new bloggy experience...hopefully you're still reading! 

XO 

1 comment:

  1. Of course you need a first comment guys and its my pleasure to offer it ^^ ... It's a great start to what I know will be a fun and fulfilling life for you all. Even though you aren't used to it you took the plunge and soon blogging will be second nature ...

    As for the 'sage' in your title ..well that's entirely appropriate from my perspective, because even if you haven't played that role with anyone else which I doubt, you certainly have with me... and though I hate to admit it I'm a better person for having you as a wonderful daughter Kaley Jade:-)

    Now to see you starting your new family with such a great guy (OMG please shrink wrap his head) and a genius for a son (wonder where he got that?) is as much pleasure as any wine and beautiful views can offer.

    These will only taste more beguiling and look more beautiful from now on as everything is done with 2 pairs of eyes so you will rediscover 'wonder' in the world and that is surely indispensable ..

    Much love, and congratulations on a great start here. You writing flows as well as always !! xoxox

    ReplyDelete