Saturday, January 26, 2013

6 short months


Today our sweet little monkey is 6 months old! I feel like I barely remember when he was the squished tiny baby in the photo above...it's unbelievable how much changes in just six short months. Our life as we knew it is gone, and in it's place is this new one where life revolves around a tiny someone. It was scary at first, the idea that we were wholly responsible for a life. Loving him was easy, but there was always this anxiety there about keeping him safe. For the most part as he has become less fragile, we have found our confidence and now we at least can pretend that we know what we're doing! Then again, every time we think we have him figured out he changes and surprises us with something new to worry about...but I'm guessing that's a constant as a parent and we have years of that to look forward to.



At 6 months, Westley is always keeping us on our toes. He is a happy baby, and he thinks his parents are hilarious, and that his mom has a beautiful voice (or maybe when he is smiling and laughing at my singing he is laughing at the terrible pitch or my goofy face...we will never know for sure, but I'm going  with the first thing). His newest love is watching his Daddy hit me over the head with a cardboard tube. Apparently pain infliction is hilarious, which scares me a little about what this means for his budding personality. He rarely stops moving, even in his sleep. Speaking of sleep, we are still seeing each other a few times throughout the night...He has been eating solids for a month, sometimes he is up for it, and other times he would rather spit it all back at us, or down onto the floor and watch it go splat. It's a great game, we love it! His big eyes seem to absorb everything around him and we love watching him learn new things, it seems like they do that at such an alarming rate over these first 6 months. The other alarming thing is how much our love for him grows every day, how is that even possible? I'm hoping it slows down soon, because I think my heart may burst if it doesn't. 


1 comment:

  1. These pictures of Westley are so cute! Happy half year big guy!

    ReplyDelete