Saturday, January 12, 2013

sapadilla = eco-clean love

At the risk of having you think I'm a good housekeeper, I am posting a review of my awesome new cleaning products following my newly organized pantry post. Don't get the wrong idea, I am not a fan of cleaning (although admittedly organizing is so very gratifying)...but this stuff is so good it makes cleaning bearable, and even (almost) enjoyable. And really, they are too good not to share.

I am all for natural cleaning products and getting rid of nasty chemicals in the house. Ick, do you know what's in most cleaning products? Horrible things, I'm telling you (see "The dirt on toxic chemicals in household cleaning products" on David Suzuki's website). I have used Norwex microfiber for years and still love it, you only use water with the cloths so what could be more natural than that?

But, I'm branching out. Sapadilla baby! A line of "nice little eco-cleaners" developed and made in BC. It should be called Spaaaadilla, because it smells that amazing. And the scents are all natural essential oils, combos including grapefruit-bergamot, rosemary-peppermint and lavander-lime. I just want to eat them they smell so good. They have dish soap, concentrated liquid laundry detergent, counter-top cleaner and an all-purpose cleaner all made with natural ingredients and biodegradable and none of the harsh chemicals of the usual suspects.

So far I have tried the dish soap ($4.99) and laundry detergent ($10.99 for 30 loads) in grapefruit + bergamot and I am loving them.


Dish soap: smells good (ok, I think you get the idea); a little liquid-y, so comes out fast, but you actually don't need that much; added glycerin for a hand-treat.


Laundry detergent: I had a particularly icky baby outfit to clean, and the combo of the Sapadilla detergent and the natural stain remover stick I got at Once Upon a Child did the trick, no gross yellow stains! Leaves the slightest scent on your clothes, nothing obnoxious and no unneeded fillers that stay in your clothes (tide etc. add pulp and drywall dust to their powder detergents).

I ordered them from spud.ca (our online grocer, save that post for another day). Smells great, good for the environment and our health and cleans well...overall I'd say I'm in eco-cleaning love. Try it and let me know if you agree!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment