Friday, January 11, 2013

pantry pretty-up

I love January. For the first couple weeks of it anyways, before winter starts to feel like it's dragging and we're feeling cooped up and craving sunshine. This first couple of weeks though is time for a fresh start, and I always feel inspired to begin new things, make goals, and chip away at my mile long to-do list. First on my list was to start a blog - accomplished...really, I feel so productive already I should just stop now. That's enough for me this year, I can sit back and eat those bon bons I was promised on mat leave and then blog about how good they taste and how tight my jeans are. 

But NO! I will carry on (and continue to eat bon bons while checking things off my list). The next thing on said list was to organize the pantry (as well as the office, garage, basement, bonus room, kitchen cupboards, closets, aka every-room-in-the-house). I finished yesterday - the pantry only, the rest will have to wait for another day. I'm sure you're all dying to see the finished product, right? Well you are in luck because I took pictures! Not the best pictures mind you, maybe I will add "learn to take better pictures" to my list, too. 



    * chalkboard labels - Martha Stewart Home Office - $5.99 from Staples for a pkg of six (I love the       look of these, and Jordan assured me that he appreciated the labelling because he had always had a difficult time telling the difference between white and brown sugar...)

    * lazy susans for oil and vinegars - $5.99 from Homesense 

    * can display - $5.99 from Homesense

    * glass cannisters - bought at Ikea forever ago

    * green boxes - from the dishes we got for our wedding, too pretty to throw out!

    * note all the pretty cookbooks I have, aren't they so pretty? One of these days I will have to cook something from them instead of looking up recipes for free on the internet. 

And for fun here is the song that I had on repeat while I was organizing "True Romance" by Citizens! - hadn't watched the racy video until now: 






1 comment:

  1. Kaley, i love your pantry and your blog, and the fact that you eat bon bons while getting things done on your to do list ;) You are inspiring me to get things done!

    ReplyDelete