Sunday, January 6, 2013

this little life of ours


Let me introduce myself. I'm Kaley. I'm married to Jordan and we have a wide-eyed 5-month old named Westley, which makes three of us. This little life of ours as a threesome is still new and surprising (and admittedly occasionally anxiety-inducing!). It's full of wonder as we watch our son take in the world around him and learn new things daily. There are a lot of laughs and a lot of sleepless nights. Jordan and I celebrated 10 years together in December and having spent a third of our lives together we have shared so many "firsts"...but this one takes the cake. It's all at once exciting and terrifying, but I think we are starting to get the hang of it. Although ask me tomorrow morning, tired and groggy after a long night with West (who like many babies is opposed to the general idea of sleep) and I may tell you a different story!

Me: Beautiful things make me happy - beautiful places, people, books, food, design, art. I like to cook (when I find the energy) and love to bake (mostly because fattening baked goods also make me happy).  I'm vegetarian for personal, moral, and environmental reasons and finding great meat-free recipes is always fun. Travelling makes me happy too, especially when it involves good food, wine and views - although my time spent drinking wine in beautiful places is probably limited for a while...

Jordan: It's painfully cliche, but I'm so lucky because I married my best friend. He makes me and everyone around him laugh. His inappropriate jokes and booming voice are always entertaining....he's also very nice to look at. And as much as he tries to hide it, he is so loving and thoughtful (shhh, don't tell him I told you...). He loves wine, food, and travelling too, which makes it pretty easy to want to spend time with him.



Westley: He is an energetic little monkey and I'm exhausted just thinking about our life when he figures out how to crawl...as it is he doesn't stop moving! He has lots of personality and he makes us laugh all the time. He's got big bright eyes, watches everyone and everything and will win any staring contest. Recently he's taken up screaming at an alarming pitch, both to express his delight and his dislike...you can literally hear him from outside of the house. I probably wouldn't describe him as the most easy going baby you've ever met, but when he's happy he is so generous with his laughs and smiles and quickly makes up for the times when he's not!

So that's us, pleased to meet you!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment