Wednesday, April 24, 2013

love you forever

I just had a "Love You Forever" moment (from the classic Robert Munsch book). I checked the monitor and saw this:

 
 
The picture is a little blurry, but you get the idea. My earlier fussy/whiney/teething baby that had driven me a little crazy had been transformed into a peaceful sleeping one and my heart immediately melted. I had the impulse to go see him sleeping all adorable-like. Once I quietly crept in I couldn't resist the urge to put my hand on his little back. At which point he immediately woke up, started to cry and I booked it out of there as quickly as I could.
 
...So maybe it wasn't all "Love You Forever"...that Robert Munsch baby must have slept like a dream for her to be able to pick him up and rock him back and forth, back and forth and sing to him the whole time. I love that book though, and now that I'm a mom I can appreciate it that much more... This post likely will make no sense if you don't know the book, but if you don't know the book, you should read it sometime.  
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment