Wednesday, April 17, 2013

real beauty

Have you seen the new Dove campaign? It's been posted for two days on youtube and already has 3.5 million views, so obviously it must resonate with people. My sister in law posted it on Facebook yesterday and I had to share. Seeing this makes me wonder why we're so hard on ourselves...


Powerful, isn't it? Even if you don't define "beauty" as how you look on the outside, it still makes you think. I know if I was sitting in that chair describing myself I would be describing my insecurities just like the women in the video, but how amazing other people (strangers even!) view them in an entirely different way. The strangers in the video see the beauty in these women where the women see things that aren't "right" or "perfect" about their own appearance. I think it's a great reminder to embrace our individual beauty, and trust that we are beautiful because of who we are and not the shape of our face or the angle of our chin. We are all more beautiful than we let ourselves believe, don't you think?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment